This Privacy Notice helps you to understand how we use your personal information.
Who we are:
We are Gazelle Sports Limited Registration Number: 6070039
We are the data “controller”, which means we are responsible for deciding how and why your personal information is used. We are also responsible for making sure it is kept safe, secure, and handled legally.
We operate to the highest standards when protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information, or how we use it, you can contact us via email at email@example.com or by writing to us at Gazelle Sports Ltd, 2nd Floor, Lorne Mill, Lorne Street, Farnworth, Bolton. BL4 7LZ
You have a number of ‘Data Subject Rights’ below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access - You have the right to request a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification –If you think any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request it is updated. We may ask you for evidence to show it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) and the Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we stop processing, or delete, all of your personal information that we hold. If you exercise this right, we will keep a note of your name linked to your request and it won’t prevent us from processing any new information you provide to us subsequently.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a machine-readable format.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling –We sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analysing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime, and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions, but it may mean that you can only shop with us in our stores.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
The above rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, if you ask us to delete information which we are required to have by law, or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep it. We will let you know if that is the case and will then only use your information for these purposes. You may also be unable to continue using our services if you want us to stop processing your personal information.
The information we collect and how we use it.
To process any orders that you place with us and to facilitate any returns (Contract)
- We take payment details to process payment for any credit or debit card orders you place with us. We share these details with our chosen payment processors (for example Stripe payments UK or PayPal)
- We use your account information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns including (where appropriate) collecting the item from you.
- Our chosen payment processors store your payment card details at your request to speed up your checkout in the future (consent)
To provide you with access to an account (Contract)
- To register an account with us we capture information such as your name, date of birth, contact and delivery information, and a password to protect your account (account information). We use the same information on an ongoing basis to manage and provide secure access to your account and provide you with the services you request.
To provide customer service to you (Legitimate interest)
- We keep correspondence (customer service records) when you contact us or interact with us on social media. We use these customer service records to manage your queries or complaints effectively.
To keep in touch with you (Legitimate Interest)
- When you register for an account and shop with us we start to keep you up to date with news of products and services, offers, promotions and Sale information, unless you tell us you don’t want us to through your account or using the link in every email that we send to you.
- We use your account information to notify you about important service messages, such as material changes to this policy, product recalls or information about your account.
n.b. If at any point you have made amendments to your contact preferences in the ‘my account’ section of our website, selecting to receive communications from us, we are operating under consent instead of legitimate interest.
To ensure the Website and the services we offer you operate properly (Legitimate Interest)
- We use other cookies and similar technologies to help us understand how you use the site; this allows us to optimise your shopping experience and continually improve our site.
- We gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile) for example your IP address and device type, to ensure the site is secure and works across multiple platforms.
To develop and improve our products, range and services (Legitimate Interest)
- We may contact you to take part in customer satisfaction surveys, if you respond we collect your feedback and contributions (customer feedback). We use this information to develop the services we offer.
- We use information about how you browse and engage with our website to improve our websites.
How long we keep it for
We keep your personal information if you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time, we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
How you can get in touch:
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Gazelle Sports Limited
2nd Floor, Lorne Mill,
Farnworth, Bolton BL4 7LZ